Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Introduction to Tallahassee Eats


A TLH food blog.

I live in Tallahassee and am fond of eating.  Probably too fond of eating.   I was looking for a good blog about the food scene in Tallahassee and there are several good ones but after reading them, I wanted to add my take.
 
I really don't have an educated pale or am a food critic.  To be real honest, I like food that id rather plain.  I am not a fan of fancy sauces but love fancy presentations.   Don't really like to spend huge sums eating out, but eat out often.    I sort of follow the philosophy of the old standard "frugal gourmet" Jeff Smith.  Expensive food is ok so long as you are getting value.  It is really about the value.

You won't see many reviews about vegetables since I am mostly a meat and potatoes type of guy.  Love protein, don't like green stuff.  You may, but you should at least know where my tastes are.   I don't drink much so wine reviews and bar notes will probably be few and far between.

On the other hand, I love good southern cooking.  Black eye peas, rice, pork, sweet tea, BBQ.  You will find a lot of that in these pages.   Since I like to cook as well, I will include what I am cooking at home as well.  Recipes and how I cook things are fair game for the blog.  I never guarantee that what I provide will be great but it is normally edible.

Keep a watch here.  My plan is to post at least once a week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment